- Category : PROJECT TYPE
Every place of worship has unique requirements for its ministry. Creal, Clark & Seifert has extensive experience designing church facilities. The firm works closely with church staff and building committees to define their ministry’s unique needs and create a space that is visually appealing and highly functional. Creal, Clark & Seifert strives to meet the spiritual vision and the physical needs of the congregation.
The building of a new church facility or a renovation is generally made possible by church-wide fundraising. One of the challenges of such a campaign is keeping the vision of the investment top-of-mind for the congregation to sustain interest and support. A benefit of choosing Creal, Clark & Seifert is the services the firm provides to keep the congregation informed of progress on the project.
Some of our Project Promotion services include:
- Public & Private Informational Presentations
- Public & Private Q&A Sessions
- Artist Renderings – Cast Vision & Generate Excitement
A few of the areas we specialize in are:
- Educational Facilities
- Administrative Offices
- Multipurpose Rooms/Facilities
- Family Life Centers
- Day Care Centers
- Conference Areas
- Renovations to existing facilities
Some criteria to consider for your church project:
- Symbolism – through a variety of elements such as, windows, furniture, roof, shapes and spires.
- Arts and Talents – painting, sculpture, stained glass, etc.
- Friendliness – large visible entries with lots of glass
- Altar and Sacraments – prominently placed
- Other Rituals – prominently planned and placed
- Sports Facilities – such as a gym, softball and soccer fields
- Religious Education – Sunday school, Parochial school or Daycare
- Senior Citizens
- People with Special Needs (hearing or visually impaired, etc)
- Barrier free facilities in compliance with ADA
- Music – Choir, Orchestra, and Instruments
- Parishioner Involvement in Worship – acoustical considerations
- Drama and Concerts – Special lighting/audio effects
- Other Areas to Consider: Maintenance factors of building materials
- Energy Efficiency – building products, as well as mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Renovations of existing buildings to make them more aesthetically pleasing, functional, and energy efficient.
- New Renovations: Renovations or adaptive re-use designs can be created for an existing facility that will maintain the historical beauty and integrity of the facility.